Special Event Permits & Rental of City Facilities
MARCH 19, 2020
MAYORAL DECLARATION OF LOCAL STATE DISASTER
DUE TO PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY
The declaration signed on March 19th by Mayor Linda Langerhans, Section 6, prohibits any Community Gathering in the City of Fredericksburg. For the purposes of Section 6, a "Community Gathering" is defined as a scheduled indoor event or scheduled outdoor event, that brings together or is likely to bring together ten (10) or more persons in a common space, room, or area, including but not limited to conferences, festivals, parades, special events, concerts and sporting events. For the purposes of this Section 6, a "Community Gathering" does not include regular attendance at public or private schools, public or private colleges and universities, and daycare centers.
We are not accepting reservations for any park facilities through May 19th. Reservations made after May 19th could be canceled so consider that when making your reservations online. The link to make reservations online for park pavilions and indoor facilities is: https://secure.rec1.com/TX/fredericksburg-tx/catalog
Please continue to watch the City’s Facebook page for details and updates.
Thank you for your interest in the City of Fredericksburg to host your special event! The City of Fredericksburg has made it easy for event organizers to navigate the special event permit process using our Special Events Planning Guide.
*Please note that first-time special events require a $100.00 non-refundable application fee. Applications are due at least 60-days in advance of the event date, otherwise a $150.00 expedited application fee applies.
Download the special events planning guide and special event application using the links below, or apply online:
- Any event open or advertised to the public;
- Private events larger than 300 people at any one time;
- Closing or partial closure of a public street;
- Blocking City-owned property;
- Sale of merchandise or food and beverages;
- Erecting a tent larger than 200 square feet;
- Placement of a stage, trailer, or other portable structure;
- Placement of portable toilets, temporary no-parking signs, or a fence. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Weddings, reunions, or company picnics with over 300 attendees
- Parades and Processions
- Marathons, Half-Marathons, Fun Runs, Walks and Bike Races
- Concerts and Festivals
- Arts & Craft, Vendor, or Trade Shows
- Book Sales, Carnivals, Car Shows, Swap Meets, Fundraisers and other types of events that use public property and rights-of-way. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>