Public Notice of Unclaimed Property Valued at $100 or Less
Every year various departments of the City of Fredericksburg report unclaimed cash and valuables, from uncashed checks, deposits, refunds, overpayments or any other transactions creating a credit balance. This property is presumed abandoned and is subject to Chapter 76 of the Title 6, Unclaimed Property Texas Property Code.
It's Your Money
Property belonging to you will continue to be held until you claim it. Whenever an owner wants to claim the property, the owner must present proof of the claim to the City of Fredericksburg, and establish the right to receive the property.
By addressing an inquiry to the City of Fredericksburg, any person possessing a legal or beneficial interest in the reported property may obtain information concerning the amount of property.
Steps to Claim your Property
- Check Unclaimed Property Report
- Contact the City of Fredericksburg Finance Office - Contact the Finance office by either mail, phone, or in person.
- Complete the Unclaimed Property Claim Form
- Once you have completed the claim form, please submit it in person or by mail to the address at the bottom of the form. Please be sure to fill out the form completely and accurately in order to prevent a delay or denial of your request. Please double check the form to ensure that the following has been provided:
- The claim form is completed in its entirety
- Copies of identification and proof of ownership are attached
- The claim form is signed with your full signature
Should any questions arise during the processing of your claim, the City will contact you by either phone or letter. With complete and accurate information and no issues, your claim should be processed and a check mailed within 60 to 90 days.
To submit a claim or if you have questions, please contact the City of Fredericksburg Finance Department:
Phone: (830)997-7521 (ask for the Finance Department)
City of Fredericksburg Finance Department
Attn: Unclaimed Property
126 W. Main Street
Fredericksburg, TX 78624