On the new webpage you can check active STR locations on a map, check zoning for new permits, fill out a new STR permit application, schedule an inspection and learn about Hotel Occupancy Tax requirements.
New DRAFT STR Ordinance
On August 15, 2023, the City released a DRAFT ordinance for new STR regulations. A letter has been sent to all property owners notifying them of 2 public hearings.
PUBLIC HEARINGS ARE HELD AT THE LAW ENFORCEMENT CENTER AT 1601 E. MAIN ST.
PUBLIC HEARING #1: PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION (Recommendation Only) Thursday, September 7, 2023, at 5:30 p.m. (watch recording on the City's YouTube Channel)
PUBLIC HEARING #2: CITY COUNCIL (Final Approval) Tuesday, October 3, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. (live stream on the City's You Tube Channel)
The proposed amendments will repeal the existing STR ordinance and shift the majority of STR regulations to Chapter 20 of the Fredericksburg Municipal Code. The full text of the proposed amendments is now available for review.
Highlights from the amendments include provisions relating to the following functions:
• To clarify and update the regulations to be applied to STRs;
• To create a specific enforcement structure for repeated major STR permit violations;
• To create new appeals procedures related to STR permits to ensure due process of law;
• To clarify procedures for transferring and renewing permits, particularly by allowing greater flexibility with respect to permit transfers; and
• To establish that certain types of STRs may continue operations as legal nonconforming uses.