Parks & Recreation
May 20, 2020 Update
- Fort Martin Scott buildings will reopen Thursday, May 21, 2020.
- Tatsch House and Pioneer Pavilion at Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park will reopen June 1, 2020 at 25% capacity.
- Old Fair Park basketball pavilion and skate park will reopen June 1, 2020.
- All playgrounds will reopen June 1, 2020.
- New RV reservations at Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park will be accepted for visits beginning Thursday, May 21, 2020 and on.
For any specific questions on park operations, please call City Hall at 830-997-7521. The system is being automated but if you a leave a message for the Parks Department an employee will call you back as soon as possible.Thank you for your patience during this time.
The Fredericksburg Parks and Recreation Department seeks to provide parks and facilities that enrich the lives of people of all ages with diverse, ethnicity, ability, belief, social and economic background and education.
Fredericksburg has 9 parks, including 2 outdoor aquatic facilities, a restored United States Army outpost, 8 ball fields, 6 tennis courts, a soccer field, a skate park and a RV campground.
Fredericksburg Parks and Recreation Department goals:
- A system of outstanding parks and open space area which are responsive to the leisure needs of a growing community and sensitive to the conservation of natural resources.
- Recreational facilities, programs and park areas that meet the needs of a diverse population with various levels of ability and skill.
- An equitable geographic distribution of parks and recreational facilities.
- Orderly replacement and/or re‐design of aging parks and recreational infrastructure to ensure existing recreational opportunities are not lost.
- Cooperation with the school district, county and other agencies, as well as community organizations, to provide cost‐effective services and optimize benefits to citizens.
- A Comprehensive Trail System that meets the needs of Fredericksburg residents
For information or reservations at Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park call or visit:
Park Headquarters at 830-997-4202
432 Lady Bird Drive
Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Parks & Recreation Department at City Hall at 830-990-2044.
All park reservations may be made on the first day of the month, one year prior to your event/camping. Payment of fee and deposit is required at the time of the reservation. For RV reservations, payment is required in full for reservations one month or less, please call for reservations longer than one month. Recurring reservations or ones needed more than a year in advance must be approved by City Council.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>