How do I contact a city department?

Visit the Staff Directory to find all department and staff contact information.

Who do I call if my dog or cat has been picked up by the Animal Control Officer?

The Animal Control Department is responsible for picking up loose or stray animals and housing them at the City Animal Shelter. Please contact the Animal Control Officer at (830) 997-1907 or (830) 997-7585.

Does the City take care of the creeks for mosquitoes?

The City does put larvicide out in areas throughout the city where stagnant water accumulates. If there is an area that needs attention please call the Code Enforcement Officer at (830) 997-7521.

Where can I find Information about Economic Development and/or Relocation?

This information can be obtained from the Gillespie County Economic Development Commission at (830) 997-6523 or at their website:

How do I contact the Chamber of Commerce?

The Chamber of Commerce is located at 306 E. Austin St. The telephone number is (830) 997-5000 and their website is