2023 Spring Leaf Collection Beginning Monday, March 13, 2023
The Annual Spring Leaf collection program by the City of Fredericksburg will begin on Monday, March 13, 2023. During this program, residents are encouraged to gather leaves from their property and rake them to the street.
Residents are reminded of the following guidelines which will ensure pick up:
- Rake leaves onto the street, 12 inches from the curb.
- Do not rake limbs, twigs, wire, rocks, bricks, or other debris along with the leaves for collection. Any items other than leaves that are picked up will damage the leaf collection equipment and will not be picked up for that reason. If you cannot remove the debris from your leaf pile, please call the City of Fredericksburg Street Department to make arrangements for a special pick up using a loader and dump truck. There will be a minimum $100 charge for this service.
- Avoid parking vehicles near leaf piles. The collection equipment cannot maneuver around vehicles and will not be able to pick up leaves.
- Remember that leaves mixed with limbs, grass clippings, and other debris will not be picked up.
- Grass Clippings will not be picked up.
THE CITY LEAF PICK UP PROGRAM IS NOT A YEAR-ROUND SERVICE!!! The City offers this service twice a year, free of charge, to all residential garbage customers to encourage community beautification.
The end date for the 2023 Spring Leaf Collection Program has yet to be determined. When this date is decided, it will be announced in local media outlets, the City’s social media channels, and the City’s website. Upon completion of the Spring Leaf Collection Program, there will be no leaf collection until the 2023-2024 Fall-Winter Leaf Pick Up Program begins, tentatively scheduled for the beginning of November.
If leaves are put out after the completion of the Spring Leaf Collection Program, the resident will be notified to properly dispose of their leaves. If leaves are not disposed of, the following fees will be assessed based on service provided according to Code of Ordinances Section 25-025:
- $100 for each dump truck size load or part thereof.
Questions should be directed to the Street Division at (830)997-7521.