These are not an exact Occupancy Rates and are only a rough estimate. Numbers are subject to change upon Fire Inspection.
Maintain at least 6 feet separation from other individuals not within the same household. If such distancing is not feasible, other measures such as face covering, hand hygiene, cough etiquette, cleanliness, and sanitation should be rigorously practiced.
Self-screen before going into a business for any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19
Wash or disinfect hands upon entering a business and after any interaction with employees, other customers, or items in the business.
For further information please visit https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/opentexas.aspx.
How to Determine Occupancy Rate
- Determine the area to be occupied in square feet (Length X Width) Ex: 30Lx50W=1500 sq ft
- Choose appropriate occupancy requirement:
- Assembly Concentrated (chairs that are not fixed): 7 sq ft/person (EX: 1500 sq ft / 7 = 214)
- Assembly Unconcentrated (tables and chairs): 15 sq ft/person (EX: 1500 sq ft / 15 = 100)
- Assembly (standing space only): 5 sq ft/person (EX: 1500 sq ft / 5 = 300)
- Assembly Exhibit gallery and Museum: 30 sq ft/person (EX: 1500 sq ft / 30 = 50)
- Kitchens: 200 sq ft/person (EX: 1500 sq ft / 200 = 7)
- Mercantile Retail area: 30 sq ft/person (EX: 1500 sq ft / 30 = 50)
- Divide the area by the occupancy requirement for total occupant load.
- To get 25% occupancy, divide by 4. To get 50% occupancy, divide by 2.
If you have any questions regarding occupancy, please contact the City and County Fire Marshals.