THESE ARE CONSIDERATIONS, REQUIREMENTS, AND FEES ASSOCIATED WITH NEW RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION.
Initial Point of Contact: Tammie Loth, Development Coordinator, (830) 997-7521
THE CITY OF FREDERICKSBURG HAS ADOPTED THE 2009 INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL CODE
- Acquire application for building permits and application for Historic Review if within Historic District.
- Submit completed application along with two copies of site plan, completed energy code compliance form and working drawings for plan review. Review requires a minimum twenty four hours.
- Site plans must contain anything done on the site, ie. street curbing, driveway, walks, all structures, fences etc. and indicate required building setback. On uncurbed lots street curbing will be a requirement of the project.
- Working drawings need dimensions, window and door sizes, plumbing fixtures, HVAC equipment locations, electrical outlets, switches, lights, fans, and panel locations.
Associated fees are as follows;
- Building permit cost is based on fifteen ($.15) cents per square foot for everything under roof.
- Accessory buildings are seven ($.07) cents per square foot.
- Impact fee: See Impact Fee Ordinance, Chapter 5, Article X, CODE OF ORDINANCES, City of FREDERICKSBURG, TEXAS
- Initial electrical fee is three hundred dollars ($300) up to two hundred amps (200). An estimate from the electric department supervisor will be required for larger services.
- Temporary meter loop connect is seventy five dollars ($75).
- If water and sewer taps must be installed the cost are as follows:
Water Connections: Water meter & service connection includes up to 40 linear feet
|¾" Water Meter||$1,500.00 + $37.50 per linear foot over 40 linear feet|
|1" Water Meter||$1,550.00 + $38.75 per linear foot over 40 linear feet|
|2" Water Meter||$1,750.00 + $43.75 per linear foot over 40 linear feet|
Sewer Connections: Sewer connection includes up to 40 linear feet
|4" (new or replacement)||$1,025.00 + $25.60 per linear foot over 40 linear feet|
|6"||Property owner responsible, in accordance with City Ordinance|
Obtain necessary permits and commence construction. Required inspections include: Foundation (prior to pour), Plumbing Rough In, Temporary Electric, Water & Sewer Lines, Underground Electric, FPME (framing, plumbing top out, mechanical and electric rough ins), Gas, TOPS (permanent electric service), and Final.