For a community to participate in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), it must adopt and enforce floodplain management regulations that meet or exceed the minimum NFIP standards and requirements. These standards are intended to prevent loss of life and property, as well as economic and social hardships that result from flooding. NFIP regulations identify minimum requirements that communities must fulfill to join and stay in the program. The City of Fredericksburg has adopted and enforces a Floodplain Ordinance that meets or exceeds the minimum NFIP requirements and is currently in good standing with the program.
Additional information on floodplains provided by the City of Fredericksburg and other related agencies:
- City of Fredericksburg Floodplain Ordinance
- City of Fredericksburg Stormwater Control Ordinance
- City of Fredericksburg Floodplain Easement Requirements / Development Restrictions
- Floodplain Development Permit
- Floodplain FAQ's
- FEMA Map Service Center - Flood Insurance Rate Maps
- Association of State Floodplain Managers
- Texas Floodplain Management Association
- Texas Water Development Board
For floodplain related questions within the Fredericksburg City Limits and ETJ, please contact Garret Bonn, the City's floodplain administrator at (830)997-7521 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For inquiries related to floodplains within Gillespie County’s jurisdiction, please contact Dwayn Boos, County Floodplain Administrator, at (830)997-8191.