City of Fredericksburg Elections
NOVEMBER 22, 2019 RECOUNT OF THE NOVEMBER 5, 2019
CITY SPECIAL ELECTION (CHARTER AMENDMENT)
RECOUNT UNOFFICIAL TABULATION (CLICK HERE)
City Secretary's Office Election Role
The City Secretary's Office is responsible for managing and conducting the City of Fredericksburg's municipal elections. The Office is also responsible for providing local candidates, local officeholders, and specific-purpose committees access to applications, forms, deadlines, reports and other documents related to election information. The Office is also responsible for meeting all legal requirements and notifying voters of upcoming elections. The City may contract a particular election with the Gillespie County Election Administrator to conduct election votings, but the authority with whom required election documents are filed and required notices remain with the City Secretary's Office. The Office also preserves the required documents in accordance with the State of Texas Library and Archive Commission Retention Schedule.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE MAY 2, 2020 CITY ELECTION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- December 16, 2019 Deadline to Post Notice of Candidate Filing Deadline
- January 15, 2020 First Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot
- February 14, 2020 Last Day to Order General Election or Special Election and Last Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot
- April 2, 2020 Last Day to Register to Vote
- April 20, 2020 First Day of Early Voting and Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail
- April 28, 2020 Last Day of Early Voting
- May 2, 2020 Election Day
May 2, 2020, General Election will be for the purpose of electing a Mayor and two (2) City Councilmembers.
Notice of Deadline to file applications for Place on the Ballot (AVISO DE FECHA LÍMITE PARA PRESENTAR SOLICITUDES PARA UN LUGAR EN LA BOLETA)